Castelfidardo is on a hill between the valleys of the rivers and Aspio roller a few miles from the B & B Montegallo. Overlooking the forest of the same name and is a few kilometers from the Riviera del Conero.
Historically, this town is famous for the battle of the September 18, 1860 between the Piedmontese army and the Papal States, resulting in the annexation of the Marches and Umbria to the Kingdom of Italy. In memory of this event you can visit the monument to General Cialdini to drive Piedmontese soldiers by the Venetian sculptor Vito Pardo.
Among the most famous squares of Castelfidardo there is Piazzale Don Minzoni, commonly called Porta Marina is the balcony of the city overlooking the Adriatic Sea. Characteristic bow, the main access route to the city.
Castelfidardo is recognized internationally as the home of the accordion. Paolo Soprani, a local craftsman, created the prototype of the instrument in the nineteenth century and founded one of the first Italian manufacturers. The International Museum of the Accordion of Castelfidardo hosts a collection consists of about 150 specimens that also includes tools such as a rare forerunners accordions cheng Chinese and Harmoniflute of 1836. It ‘also revived a faithful reconstruction of a workshop of the early twentieth century.
Monunenti and other places to visit are the Collegiate Church; Palazzo Mordini with the Historical Archive, the Museum of the Risorgimento and the Municipal Library; the church of St. Francis, today auditorum citizen; the church of S. Maria della Misericordia and the Gate of the Sun, also known as the Gate of the Sharpshooters.
Choose our hotel, book now for a truly unforgettable!